“Jewelry Photo Background Removal”_ Photoshop Tutorial
I’ll try to explain Jewelry Photo Editing in this Photoshop tutorial. I’m assuming you’re familiar with jewelry photo editing, whether you’re a jewelry product photographer or a jewelry product eCommerce seller.
There are hundreds of editing techniques for jewelry photos. Adobe Photoshop can be used to perform these jewelry photo editing techniques. As a result, you should first install the offline version of Photoshop on your desktop or laptop. Adobe Photoshop is available in a variety of versions on their official website. Any of the versions can be used for Jewelry photo editing. If I had to pick one, I’d say _’Adobe Photoshop 2019′ is the best!
In this tutorial, I will show How to remove the Jewelry photo backgrounds using the Pen Tool in Adobe Photoshop step by step.
How to Remove Jewelry Photo Background?
Adobe Photoshop is the best software for removing Jewelry Photo backgrounds. To remove a jewelry product photo background, first Adobe Photoshop should be installed on your PC.
There are several techniques you can use to remove jewelry photo backgrounds using Adobe Photoshop. In this tutorial, I will show the best 2 techniques on how to remove jewelry photo backgrounds. These two background removing techniques are_
- Jewelry Product Photo Background Removal Using Magic Wand Tool
- Jewelry Photo Background Removal Using Pen Tool Using Pen Tool
Jewelry Product Photo Background Removal Using Magic Wand Tool:
On the left side of the Adobe Photoshop software interface, there is a menu bar with a variety of tools. Each tool performs a unique function. First, locate and select the magic wand icon. Then, in Adobe Photoshop, insert your Jewelry Product Photo. You can insert your image by dragging and dropping it or by selecting it from the top left dropdown menu bar.
So you’ve inserted your jewelry photo for background removal and selected the magic wand tool. Now, click on the outside of the product, and then click on the background to select it. As soon as a selected area becomes visible, it will be marked. Zoom in on the image and click on the background until you’ve found your ideal selection.
To get a better result, zoom in and out several times. To zoom in or out of the image, use your keyboard’s command button and the ‘+’ and ‘-‘ icons. When the background is perfectly selected, go to the layer palette and duplicate the background layer.
By clicking the right mouse button and then selecting ‘Duplicate Layer,’ you can duplicate your background layer. Turn off the eye in the locked background layer, and then click on the new layer to select the layer you just duplicated. Then, on your keyboard, press the ‘Backspace’ key. You’ll notice that the background has been removed! Isn’t that a piece of cake?
After you’ve removed the background from your jewelry product, you can save your image as PNG-Transparent Background or set any color behind the product as a background. The image can then be saved in JPEG format. The most popular image format is ‘JPEG/ JPG,’ which works almost everywhere!
You can watch the video below to have a better idea of how to do Jewelry Photo Background Removal using the ‘Magic Wand Tool’ in Adobe Photoshop.
I hope this video helps you understand jewelry photo background removal techniques using Adobe Photoshop’s Magic Wand Tool.
Using the ‘Magic Wand Tool’ in Adobe Photoshop to remove the background from a jewelry product photo is a very simple technique. However, the professional Jewelry Product eCommerce seller or Jewelry Product Photographer does not like to use this Magic Wand Tool to remove the background from their jewelry product. Because the Magic Wand Tool cannot provide the highest quality.
Jewelry Photo Background Removal Using Pen Tool:
The Pen Tool in Adobe Photoshop can be used to remove the background of a jewelry photo and replace it with a transparent or solid-colored background. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the jewelry photo in Adobe Photoshop.
- Select the Pen Tool from the toolbar on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Use the Pen Tool to carefully trace around the jewelry, creating a path that defines the edges of the jewelry. Be sure to zoom in on the image to get a more accurate trace.
- Once you have traced around the jewelry, right-click on the path and select “Make Selection”.
- In the “Make Selection” dialog box, choose a feather radius of 0 pixels and make sure the “Anti-alias” option is checked.
- Click OK to apply the selection.
- Once the selection is made, create a new layer by going to Layer > New > Layer.
- With the new layer selected, use the Paint Bucket Tool to fill the selected area with the color you want for the background.
- To remove the original background and make it transparent, right-click on the original layer and select “Layer Mask > Reveal All”.
- With the layer mask selected, use the Brush Tool to paint over the background areas you want to make transparent.
- Once you’ve finished painting, save the image as a PNG or GIF to preserve the transparency.
This process can take some time and requires a good amount of precision, so be patient and take your time. With practice, you’ll get better at it and be able to remove backgrounds more quickly.
In conclusion, Adobe Photoshop is a powerful tool for editing and enhancing images. The Pen Tool, specifically, is a versatile tool that can be used to remove the background of a photo and replace it with a transparent or solid-colored background. By following the steps outlined in this post, you can create high-quality images with clean, professional-looking backgrounds. Whether you’re a professional photographer, graphic designer, or just someone looking to improve your photos, mastering the use of the Pen Tool in Adobe Photoshop is a valuable skill to have. So take some time to practice, and soon you’ll be able to create stunning images with ease.